School Year 2020-2021
The CIAC has provided guidelines for a fall sports season. The athletic committee at EWHS has met to review the guidelines and their impact on EWHS athletes.
Participation in athletics is not without risks associated with COVID 19 and families and student/athletes will need to make decisions that are right for them.
Information about athletics will be updated here and on the EWPS athletic website as it becomes available.
Fall Sports Start Dates and Times (Updated)
Full contact, 11 v 11 football has been cancelled by CIAC in accordance with DPH recommendations. More information regarding football to come.
Thursday, September 3 – 3pm-4pm – Outdoors
Monday, August 31 – 3pm-4pm – Reservoir
Monday, August 31 – 4:30pm-5:30pm – Soccer Field
Monday, August 31 – 2:30pm-3:30pm – Soccer Field
Girls Swim: TBD
DPH and CIAC continue to discuss other fall sports. Scrimmages are not permitted.
Following guidance from the Department of Public Health and a joint DPH and State Department of Education webinar, the district has determined the following protocol will be utilized so spectators can attend home games.
East Windsor staff will be hired to assist in managing the following process. Staff who are working the athletic events will be identified by their red East Windsor shirt.
- Each player will be given TWO ADULT ONLY TICKETS for each home game this year
- Players will be given tickets 1 or 2 days prior to a home game
- Adults who are attending the game must fill out back of ticket including all required information for any possible contact tracing needs: Name, Address, and Cell phone
- All fans will be required to wear masks at all times regardless of 6 feet of distance
- Bleachers will be closed for the entire fall season
- Fans can ONLY sit/stand with the other adult they split the athlete’s pair of tickets with
- There will be pairs of spots marked off down the near side of the soccer field for appropriate social distancing – fans should remain in marked spaces
- Fans are encouraged to bring their own chair or will have to stand in their marked space
- Outdoor restrooms will be available during the games (one occupant in at a time) but will not be cleaned between occupants during the game
- Fans who plan on taking pictures or video tape the game MUST remain in their designated area
ANYONE WHO CANNOT FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE GAME.
FamilyID and Student-Athlete Physicals
Student-athletes WILL NOT be allowed to participate in practice or games until FamilyID, a physical within 15 months, and the health history form have been submitted.
The student-athlete forms in FamilyID MUST be filled out in order to participate in a fall sport. All East Windsor athletes need to access FamilyID at the link below to sign up for the fall season. Completion and submission of this form must be received before the student-athlete may participate in any school team-organized practice , scrimmage, or regularly scheduled game contest.
Any student who does not complete or hand in the paperwork CANNOT SHOW UP TO PRACTICE unless already approved.
A copy of the student-athlete’s most recent physical and their health history form must be submitted through FamilyID, dropped off to main office, or emailed to Sburndrett@ewct.org
Locker Room and Practice Procedures
Any student-athlete waiting for practice to begin or use the locker room to change MUST REPORT TO THE CAFETERIA until directed to the locker room, court or field.
Time slots for locker room access:
- Girls Soccer: 2:06-2:25
- Volleyball: 2:30-2:50
- Boys Soccer: 3:45-4:15
Locker room access will be for all student-athletes who are attending school that day. Locker rooms WILL NOT be available for students coming from home.
All student-athletes MUST remove all belongings from the locker room once they are done changing. Locker rooms WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE after practices, matches or games.
Players must wear a mask while waiting for practice to begin. Once they begin their warm ups, players may remove their mask.
Players will be assigned to a group for the first two weeks of practices. Players CANNOT switch groups during those two weeks. Players CANNOT socialize or interact with the other groups.
Players must remain socially distant during warm ups and drills.
Teams are allowed 60 minute practices for the first two weeks. (30 minutes of conditioning / 30 minutes of skill work)